Making the Opf3 Wizard open source

Coordinator
Aug 22, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Hi everyone!

I am debating whether making the wizard also open source. The possible ways to go are: make it open source or discontinue it completely.

My problem with the wizard is that the code isn't that clean as it could be.

What are your thoughts?

Aug 30, 2009 at 4:18 AM

I think you should release it anyway. Some ideas there might be useful

Developer
Sep 1, 2009 at 10:17 PM

I agree with StGolem, the wizard is a great tool.

Coordinator
Sep 2, 2009 at 5:08 AM

Hmmm... it should probably be open source. But be aware of it not being the cleanest code on earth :P

Nov 2, 2009 at 8:18 PM

Just curious if you've made any decisions on making the Wizard open source.  I'm evaluating Opf3 for my company use and so far I like what I see.  We are tied to Pervasive SQL for the foreseeable future, and I haven't found any others that support it out of the box.  I can't seem to get the Wizard to work with Pervasive though, so seeing the code might allow me to figure it out / make it work. 

Coordinator
Nov 4, 2009 at 3:54 AM

Hi Dave,

there has not been a decision made on that... We should probably release the source code for the wizard. It seems that there is some interest.

-Christian

Dec 10, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Hello,

I'm a beginner Opf3 user, and I think that the wizard could be a great help if it goes open source.

Don't worry about the clean state of the code.., it works, that's the important thing.

Best regards,

Julio S.

Coordinator
Dec 11, 2009 at 3:37 AM

The Opf3 Wizard source code has now been released as open source. Check out the download section.