This project is read-only.

Oracle Provider

Aug 22, 2009 at 2:33 PM

As you probably know, MS has decided to stop making an ADO.Net provider for Oracle since Oracle now makes their own (read about it here).  They will leave the 2.0 assemblies alone so they can be used but in the future it won't be updated.  How about redoing the Oracle Provider to have a legacy call (using the MS provider) and an Oracle one using ODP.Net that must be compiled separately using the ODP.Net driver like MySQL, Sqlite etc.

Alfred

Aug 22, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Good call! What about creating a new project and create a storage class there that encapsulated the ODP.NET provider? I would like to have it in an own project because then people could use the Opf3 core without downloading additional assemblies :) I hope that makes sense.

Oct 2, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Hey Guys -

Do you have a timetable as to when you think a storage class using ODP.NET will be developed?

Oct 3, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Not really. But you are more than welcome to help us out with developing one :) ... in the case you are interested.

Oct 8, 2009 at 4:45 PM

My company is currently creating sandbox applications using 3 ORM products.  If we decide to go with your product, then we will need to build a storage implenetation for ODP.NET.  While the solution we come up with may contain items tailored specifically for our usage, I would be happy to provide you with the code as a possibly starting point for a more generic and flexible solution.

Oct 10, 2009 at 5:12 AM

Sounds great. Thanks :)