LinqToOpf3 in use?

Developer
Aug 14, 2009 at 10:15 PM

To anyone who is using LinqToOpf3, i have some questions:

How and when are u using LinqToOpf3?
What do u do when u need a complex query?

Developer
Aug 15, 2009 at 1:30 AM

Greetings Raymond,

I tend to rewrite and add methods to my ObjectSearcher and use LinqToOpf3 (LTO) there. 

For complex queries, I use a SqlQuery and execute a parametized SQL statement.

How about you?

Al

Developer
Aug 19, 2009 at 4:39 PM

We use LinqToOpf3 for simple queries with and without inner joins, using sometimes anonymous types in the select clause.

For outer joins most developers fire another LinqToOpf3 query for each outer join and then program it away, which is ugly and slow, but less bugs because it's strongly typed.
For other complex query's we allow a SqlQuery but only the developers with Sql knowledge use them in some cases.

ExecuteCommand (in ADO.Net the ExecuteNonQuery) is possible for update and delete statements.

In our situation all SQL must be ANSI SQL.

Coordinator
Aug 22, 2009 at 1:15 AM

Hmmm Raymond,

I thought you wanted to join this project as developer to fix the problem with the outer joins?

-Christian

Developer
Aug 31, 2009 at 7:36 PM

I want, but at my work i'm in a scrum team and we are sprinting like madness.
Those outer joins don't have a high business priority at the moment, first the functionality.
The outer joins will be needed because they will solve performance issues which is now join in memory after fetching. 

Developer
Nov 5, 2009 at 7:33 AM

It still has a low priority to spend time into the outer join functionality, because people just fire an manual query in case of outer joins.